Skip to main content

Thirty Five Lemons = Lots of Lemonade

Yes! I am now officially 35 years old. It took me this long to figure out who I am and what I want from life. In case you thought I was going to say 'It took me this long to grow up'.....ya right! I may be aging and getting older, but I have intentions of 'growing up'. Grown ups don't take off their flip flops and dance in the rain, they don't laugh when they trip up the stairs, and they take themselves all too seriously. My Daddy said he would never grow up, and I'm living by the same mantra. I am now (on paper) 5 years older than my fiance'...so does that make me a cougar? Sounds kind of sexy - so what the heck! I'm a lemonade making cougar with more laugh lines that I thought possible. This is a great life and I am thankful to all the bumps in the road that got me here - and I'm embracing all the bumps yet to come. Bring it on - bring on those lemons...the more lemons life throws at me, the more lemonade I'll have to enjoy with those people who matter to me!

Now - I'm off to eat cake and ice-cream, sip a vanilla cappuccino, and enjoy this lemony life God has so generously blessed me with!


May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and many birthdays!
~Crystal

Comments

  1. Cougar? you want to be known as a cougar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cougars are fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cougars are sexy & fuzzy - you go girl! If he makes you happy and you are both adults, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adult Cougars run fast and furious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Speak Your Mind, But Not On My Time?

Today's post title is inspired by the fabulous song that is likely going through your head right now "I still belong, don't get me wrong, you can speak your mind but not on my time...you can live your life, but this is my life..."etc... The topic however is inspired by a dear friend who recently said to me "why is it so hard for people to be real and have a conversation about things they disagree with?" I've been thinking about that queestion and the conversation that it inspired - what she was really talking about is feedback. Why is it so difficult to tell someone that you'd like them to do something differently? We beat around the bush, and sometimes never say what's on our mind. Isn't this really the rooot cause of relationship problems? The cause of dating mis-haps, family arguements, and the underlying issue that often results in anger and fighting? Before you answer, let me toss out some scenarios: 1) You're dating someone ...

Natural Remedies for Depression ?

Have you had those moments when you weren't feeling quite like yourself? Those negative thoughts were creeping in? clouding your judgment? making every day chores seem like amazing feats of heroism? If you've never felt like that - good for you! I on the other hand struggle with life's ups and downs. From depression during my divorce to post-partum depression, etc... I tend to be a very happy and optimistic person, but the flip side of that coin brings those days when staying in bed is more alluring than hopping in the shower and going through the motions of the day. There are some fabulous medications on the market today, and seeking the help of a healthcare professional is always a great idea. Sometimes I'm not feeling depressed, but I fear I'm headed there. I don't particularly care for some of the side effects of medications I have been on in the past, and a natural remedy can sometimes give me just the kick in the pants that I need to 'get happy...

May 7th WOW! Blog Tour - "The Pinochet Plot" by David Myles Robinson

David Myles Robinson's WOW! WOMEN ON WRITING TOUR OF The Pinochet Plot Tour Begins May 7th ! I'd like to schedule a fair amount of reviews to help lay the groundwork for a successful book launch and book tour. Can I count on your participation? Please email crystal@wow-womenonwriting.com or crystaljotto@gmail.com and let me know the following: 1) what date works best for you (dates between 5/7-6/7)? 2) what email address can I send your e-copy to? 3) what is the URL for the blog you'll be posting your review on? Here's some additional information to help you make your decision about participation. ABOUT THE BOOK: The brutal CIA-backed Chilean dictator, Augusto Pinochet, was known to have political opponents assassinated, but when a young Will Muñoz found his father murdered in the study of their Santa Fe home, he had no idea it might have been the work of a Pinochet assassin. Thirty years later, when reading his mother’s sui...