Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Hey Old Friend - It's Been Too Long!

 


Dear Friend,

I've been missing you. Isn't it weird how when you let too much time pass, it makes it even harder to reach out? I've meant to call you so many times. Why didn't I? Well...why didn't you? You must be busy. You don't really want to listen to my "stuff" anyway. I'm not very interesting and I don't have much to share. Life is so busy with little kids and big kids and parents...you know the drill. What would we talk about anyway? Maybe I should just invite you to do something. What if you think I'm a bad mom because I want to go see that new band? I probably am a bad mom because I want a night away. I better just skip that phone call too. 


Remember when we would do something every Saturday afternoon? Maybe this... oh wait, swimming lessons. Never mind. I should probably figure out what to wear before I invite you for coffee - you'll certainly notice I've gained 11 pounds. Shoot - now I should clean my closet. I wonder if you want my hand me downs? Is that insulting? So much for doing anything, nothing fits. I should join a gym. Maybe we can do that together? Oh wait - is that offensive? I'm not saying you need to lose weight. I just want to hang out with you. Scratch that idea too.


I know - I'll just invite you to the upcoming birthday party for one of the kids. Oh...bad call on that too - what if you think I am only inviting you because I want you to bring a gift? Shoot...another bad idea. Speaking of the party - I better order the cake today. Like I need more cake.


^^^^^^

THIS

IS

WHY

YOU

HAVEN'T

HEARD 

FROM 

ME....


It's not you and it's not that I don't want to see you. I miss you. I miss me. 


Why is this stage of life so hard? The teenagers wish I'd move away...and hire a maid and leave them with my debit card. The littles enjoy my time, but I feel like the time I have to offer is ridiculous. I just want to take a nap. What's self care? How do all these other moms seem to have everything so together? I can't even maintain a friendship much less my car - and the light is on again in there too...


Love Always,

The Mom Friend 

No comments:

Post a Comment