Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Always Changing - Always Improving

 Hey ya'all!



I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I remember in 4th grade someone made a comment about looking as big as my friend's pregnant mother. Let me tell you I never wore those stretchy stirrup pants again. My weight wasn't the problem. My mindset was the problem. I tried limiting what I was eating. I tried exercising. If it's out there, I've tried it. I even thought about bariatric surgery when I saw people having success with that. You know what though? Nothing worked for me long term because I wasn't changing the problem - I was only trying to change the outcome.


Just like the rest of you - I really want to be the best version of myself. That's a moving target since life is always changing and evolving. I can't tell you what next year is going to look like, but I CAN tell you that in 2023 I committed to get healthy. I didn't commit to a diet. I committed to myself that I would get my spiritual walk in check, my head in check, my emotions in check, my exercise in check, my diet in check, and my attitude. I didn't like the aching joints, the bloated belly, the negative thoughts, the frustration...and the list goes on. 



Ya’all know how much I love sharing things I love. It’s time to talk about how I felt a year ago when I was too heavy to do the things I wanted. I wanted to ride horses on the beach in SC but the weight limit was 235 and I was tipping the scales at over 250. I was frustrated and felt trapped inside my own body.

I had been following my pastor’s health journey, and decided it was time to start prioritizing me. I have lost over 60lbs since the start of 2023. I can proudly say, I now weigh less than 200lbs and though I’m not to my goal yet, I have more energy and I feel unstoppable! I KNOW I can reach my final goal.

Being able to bungee jump with my kiddos last weekend was definitely one of those moments I’ll never forget! I’m so thankful I took control of my health- and I realized that I need to pay this forward. I’m a helper by nature-I want to help EVERYONE feel this good, and I’m now coaching others on the same program. Its so simple—no meal prepping, no thinking-and you get so much accountability and support! If you’re ready me on this journey, reach out-let’s do this together!

By January 1 2024 I plan to be in transition 

No comments:

Post a Comment