Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!!

I haven't always been the best daughter - the truth is I've probably been one of the biggest pains in my mom's ass for most of my life. You know what is pretty amazing though? She's always bent over backwards for me. Sometimes I didn't appreciate the help or the advice - okay...most of the time I didn't appreciate it, but she was always there and unwavering in her commitment to me.

I'm not going to get into the details of the hell I put my mom through, but I'll openly admit she has earned every one of those grey hairs and I have caused each and every one. What I do want to tell you about is what an awesome grandmother and mother my mom is. She reschedules her own social engagements and appointments to make sure she is available to babysit. She has learned more about car seat safety than she cares to, and at 70+ years old she spends every Sunday morning making breakfast for a family of 6 then entertaining the toddlers/infants while I head off to church with the older children. She opens her home for me, my crew, my friends, their children, and anyone in need...and spends hours cleaning up what takes us just a small amount of time to mess up.

My mom has a cupboard full of sippy cups and toddler plates, infant spoons and baby silverware, baby body wash, extra cloth diapers, and she even makes sure she has several changes of clothes for each child, plus shoes and boots for them. Grandma's house is somewhere you feel comfortable whether you've called ahead or just popped in. She's open to a quick stay or an overnight. You can see in her eyes she enjoys the visits, but I know she naps for hours after we've headed home. She never complains about sticky fingers, smudged classes, or tipped cups of this and that on her new table cloth.

I didn't appreciate my mom until I saw her with my children. We are different in a lot of ways, but I have also come to appreciate the ways we are the same. My mom doesn't love with flowery words, but she loves just as hard and as deep as I do. She would give the shirt off her back to help someone she loves, and even though she can't make scrambled eggs to save her life, she always has icecream and treats to turn around a bad day.

I'm not sure what I would do without my mom. For many years I thought I didn't need her and now
I'm in tears of the day we have to say "goodbye for now"...it's amazing how one person can have such an impact on so many lives.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I'm sorry for all those years...and the grey hairs (you wear them well, but I should have realized sooner how amazing you are). Also sorry for using a few cuss words on my blog from time to time - I promise I type them far less than I think them...um....maybe you don't want to know that either...lol

Really though - you're awesome and I hope I can be half the mom you are!

Love Always,
~Crystal

1 comment: