Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Power of Words

What can you give that you can never take back? Of course, it's our words. We choose them carefully because we all know that we can say I'm sorry, but we can never take back the words we've said or change the impact they've had on others. We can choose to give a compliment or an insult. We can choose to lift someone up, or knock them down. The list goes on and on. None of this is profound, new, or should come as a surprise to any of us.

What I do find profoundly interesting is something said by a friend recently. She said something to the effect of:

Words are really powerful - God used them to create everything we know...even mankind.

Wow! That explains it, doesn't it?

I've been been thinking about this for weeks and if God used words in our creation, they are really the most powerful things we have. They are more powerful than nuclear weapons and guns in the sense that they can both create and destroy instead of just having the ability to destroy.

When you think about it this way, it really is a big responsibility. Makes me think I should talk less and think more...choose my words more carefully...make sure I'm using them as gifts instead of weapons.

That's all - random thoughts to ponder. If you don't buy into Christianity, this post may not appeal to you. I thought about that as I don't want to alienate anyone - so for you, the lesson may just be that lifting others up is the right thing to do since it makes the universe happy and it's a way to pay it forward...not sure, you tell me?

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and words that are chosen carefully to provide joy and happiness!
~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment