Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Best Pay it Forward Idea So Far This Year!!!

I've been blessed these last few weeks - gorgeous weather and an opportunity to fill in as our church secretary and this means I am responsible for placing the SCRIP order. I'm no expert and I'll save you the lengthy story about exactly how SCRIP works. The short version is this:

You buy or order gift cards through your church and the stores give a percentage back to the church. I've always shied away from doing this with my Starbucks card because I'm a Gold Card holder (and I accumulate points when I reload and use my Gold Card). As I was placing the SCRIP order this week, I came up with the following plan - which I now believe is my best PIF idea so far for 2014!

Buy a $25 Starbucks gift card through the SCRIP program at church (7% or nearly 63 cents goes back to the church)

Register the new $25 gift card into your Starbucks account

Transfer the $25 balance from the new card onto your Gold Card

Use your Gold Card to buy a drink or pay for the order of the person behind you in line at Starbucks (this will add to your 'stars' on your card and will help you maintain Gold Membership as well as move you toward the free drink or sandwich when you hit the magic number 15 stars)

Once you have 15 stars and you find out about your free drink or sandwich, use that to treat a friend to a coffee date

So you're winning in the following ways:

*Adding money to the account at church
*Continuing your Gold Membership
*Treating the person behind you
*Treating yourself and a friend to a date

<3 p="">
May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and opportunities to Pay It Forward!

Hugs,
~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment