Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let's Write Together!

Writing can be therapeutic - so can a cup of coffee with a friend...but since we may or may not live close enough to meet for coffee...let's write together instead. Grab the introduction, choose the option you like best, and then write a story 250 words or less to go with it. Each submission will be featured on this blog and will be shared with others via social media, so be sure to submit your biographical information as well as your website information to help be recognized for your work! Please submit your original work on or before noon September 4th. Thanks for sharing!

Here is the introduction...


Intro: The phone rings and wakes me from a blissful dream of horses and grassy fields. I squint to see the clock; it's 3:07am and I hold my breath as my husband tries to find his glasses and stumbles across the room to our wall mounted land line. He grumbled something and I'm sure it had to do with his feelings about keeping the land line is today's cellular age. I know this is going to cause an argument if it's not something important. Part of me hopes it's not teenagers asking if we have Prince Albert in a can...part of me hopes that's all it is. Mark is talking quietly in hopes of not waking up the children or the new baby who is next to me in his crib. I have to concentrate to hear what Mark is saying and I have no idea who is on the other line...

Here are your options...

Option 1)
The man my mom is dating has found her on the bathroom floor covered in blood

Option 2)
My sister in law was involved in a drunk driving automobile crash

Option 3)
My friend found her 6 month old daughter dead in her crib

Option 4)
My neighbors daughter is no where to be found. She's only 6 and her bed is empty, the room is trashed, and the curtains are blowing in the wind. The neighbor is a single mother and she doesn't want to involve the police because she is afraid she'll be judged. She doesn't know what to do and is afraid someone has taken her daughter. She wanted us to be the first to know since we have young children and she knows we don't lock our doors.

Please email your submission to: Crystal@RelaxConsulting.com
You may paste it into the body of the email or attach as a Word Document - we are flexible...

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and thoughts to share with friends!
~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment