Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 3, 2012

From the Archives - Some Sunshine for YOUR Day!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-a-Lemonade-Attitude-Is-a-Must-Have&id=6952000


Why a Lemonade Attitude is a Must Have

 

Do you want to see your glass as overflowing instead of half full or half empty? Wouldn't it be even better if your glass was filled with lemonade instead of water? You'll want to learn more about achieving a Lemonade Attitude where there are plenty of lemons, sugar, sunshine, and smiles!

 

First, I suppose we should talk about a Lemonade attitude and exactly what that is...I could start at the beginning, but I don’t want to bore you and I assume only a small portion of readers and friends can read my mind. So, here's the scoop. I was raised by old fashioned parents who had a great work ethic, and who among other things wanted me to have a positive attitude. When I would complain, they would remind me that God gives me lemons so I can turn them into lemonade. I refer to myself as a lemon because I recently lost my job and I felt like I had failed...like I needed to find some sugar and sunshine and try to make myself into lemonade. Now I understand there was something even larger at work inside of me - the lemon isn't a symbol for failure, it really is a catalyst for change (cat·a·lyst/ˈkatl-ist/ Noun: A person or thing that precipitates an event.).  
I know that a lemonade attitude is a must have, because I was raised that way and it has served me well.  A Lemonade Attitude is the attitude of realizing that change(a lemon) is necessary and positive if you want to achieve your desired outcome, but part of having a lemonade attitude is also acknowledging that a lemon doesn’t turn into lemonade if you do nothing. Work events are necessary for lemonade – you need sugar, water, ice-cubes, time, and if you want to fully enjoy lemonade…add some sunshine!
Keeping with the lemons to lemonade analogy, you need some ingredients -
Sugar = the people and events in our lives that move us forward
Water = perseverance, our own resistance to giving in and giving up
Ice Cubes = those little happenings that stop us in our track and make us re-evaluate and adjust our course ever so slightly if necessary to achieve our desired outcome
Sunshine = the rewards of our labors; the moments of laughter and joy along the path
I now for the cooking instructions for a lemonade attitude: You need a person or event that changes you, people to support you, a positive attitude and goals, check points along the way, and rewards. Seemingly simple, right? Not always simple, but ALWAYS worth the effort. A Lemonade attitude helps you see yourself as the valuable person you are, helps you value those around you, and reminds you that every step along the way carries with it a lesson and that sometimes the destination isn’t as important as the journey. A Lemonade Attitude also reminds you to relax, you wouldn’t drink a tall glass of lemonade as you were sprinting through the house cleaning (I guess you could, but why would you). A tall cool glass of lemonade is best enjoyed in your favorite lawn chair while the birds chirp and the sun shines upon you!
May your paths be filled with lemons, sugar, and sunshine!
~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment