Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 10, 2012

50 Shades?

Everyone is talking about it and I'm feeling this urge to run to Barnes and Noble to get the trilogy - I've heard some good things and some not so good things, but everyone is reading it. If I buy the books I have something tangible to pass along, but everyone will see what I'm reading (and it sort of feels like bringing Hustler to grandma's to read while she's preparing Thanksgiving dinner). If I download the kindle or ipad version, the data collectors that track your every move online and are going to think I'm having sex, interested in having sex, or interested in (whisper this part so you don't turn to stone) S&M...

Here I am, stuck between a rock and a hard place (not literally).

What does everyone else think? To read or not to read? If to read...how do I read it? Then...do you want to know what I thought of it? or do we just pretend it never happened...(because of course, good girls who play the organ at church on Sunday would never dream of reading anything more than G rated, right? lol)

Feedback please?


May your  paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and a little scandal every now and then!


~Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm I dont like romance(sexie hot) books, but I heard sooo many GREAT things about it maybe I will give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. some quotes that have me interested are below - I think I understand why people are drawn to the book. Still not sure I'll be reading it though...time will tell:

    “This is me, Ana. All of me...and I'm all yours. What do I have to do to make you realize that? To make you see that I want you any way I can get you. That I love you.”
    ― E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker

    “Don’t leave me,” he whispers.
    “Oh, for crying out loud—no! I am not going to go!” I shout and it’s cathartic. There, I’ve said it. I am not leaving.
    “Really?” His eyes widen.
    “What can I do to make you understand I will not run? What can I say?”
    He gazes at me, revealing his fear and anguish again. He swallows. “There is one thing you can do.”
    “What?” I snap.
    “Marry me,” he whispers.”
    ― E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with katherym above, it is just not my type of book. I've heard there is a lot of sex and domination in it...not that interesting, in fact kind of scary.... One gal in my book club says it's steamy, I've also heard that it's hard to get into, and that the 1st book is the best. I am still waiting to see what more people say. I will NOT pay money for it...and actually probably will not read it.

    ReplyDelete