Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

Poetry - Take One "Mourning Dance"

Poetry is one of those things that do not come naturally to me, so I'm pushing myself to do more of it. It brought me great joy when I was younger, so I'm keeping an open mind. Here's my first attempt. Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

Mourning Dance
There is a time when the stars retreat
And the dawn has not yet come,
And the world is still, quiet, and peaceful,
And the coffee starts to brew,
And the birds begin to chirp and sing
I forget reality.

Please dreams, stay a little bit longer?
Keep reality at bay,
In my dreams you are ever near me,
We hold one another tight
And make promises we’ll never break
We don’t want our dreams to end.

No! I will not let this slip away,
Don’t dance with angels above.
I need you right here, right now, always
And in my dream, you’re still here.



No comments:

Post a Comment