Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 5, 2012

An Amazing Day on the Shores of Lake Michigan

What a gorgeous morning. It's brisk (37 degrees without the wind), but the sun is trying to break through the clouds and the lake is an amazing shade of blue and the contrast between water and sky is breath taking! There were a few years that I didn't live on this particular lake, so I feel very blessed to be back in Two Rivers, Wisconsin. In fact, my house is so close that you can hear the waves; a comforting sound to my ears.

There's plenty going on around town today - I had an opportunity to chat with some other mothers when I dropped Carmen off at school this morning, and then there were the usual suspects hanging out at Red Bank Coffee (inside Schroeder's Department store), a fun group of children when I dropped Andre off for his gymnastics class, and then I even had time for a shopping trip to the Honey Pot to visit with some friends and pick up some great rain boots (every farmer's fiance' needs a pair of floral rain boots suitable for the barn and the fields alike.

And now, I am sitting in my office with the windows open (so I can hear the waves) and the fireplace going (to counter the cold breeze blowing in the window) and I'm returning calls and emails and trying to plan a wedding.

Here's the scoop:

July 21st was our first choice and the Pastor is available but not the photographer or the restaurant. Now we are thinking (what's this we thing? it's me...Mark said he'll be wherever whenever) - so I am thinking: August 11th since the LightHouse Inn is available that day (http://www.lhinn.com/), and the most amazing photographer  in the world - Olivia Brey of OH Photography (http://www.facebook.com/ohphotos/info) is available that day too. Now I just have to wait for the good word from Pastor...and hope that the 3 couples standing up are available. I'm sitting here laughing because I was just asked if we were having a grand march and I stopped dead in my tracks thinking "what's that and do I want it?"...lol wedding brain seems to be as bad as pregnancy brain - I even missed choir rehearsal last night because I didn't realize it was Wednesday...wow, Crystal...you need a vacation!

Once again, I hope you're laughing with me and not at me and furthermore, I hope your paths are abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, and sunshine!

~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment