Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Better off Alone?

Are you in a relationship and wondering if you'd be better off alone? Are you alone and wondering if you'd be better off with someone? Isn't it the same story about girls with straight hair getting perms and girls with curly hair buying expensive flat irons? Or is it...??? (I seriously wish I could find a picture of my permed mullet from the 80's to put right here...kid you not, THANKS MOM!)

Here's the answer - being comfortable alone is just as important is being in the RIGHT relationship. If you are in a relationship with someone who is not truly your partner is frustrating. If that is where you are at, it's true that you would be better off alone. If you know you are the only one you can count on, you won't be let down. If you have someone who SHOULD be helping you that isn't...you'll be constantly frustrated and feeling let down.

What am I talking about? I have some experience in relationships and until recently I would have told you I only had experience with dysfunctional relationships (ie: those relationships where you feel like you are doing everything and the other party doesn't appreciate or contribute and they probably feel the same way about me).  I really and truly enjoyed being a single parent because it was a lot easier than trying to juggle a newborn and feeling like someone should be helping me but knowing they had chosen not to.

For those of you who are in a relationship and frustrated, try to remember the passion and love you once had and work like hell to rekindle that. So many people throw away a relationship that could have easily been saved. And for those of you who are alone, please hold our for Mr or Mrs right...as my Daddy used to say: "hanging out with Mr right now only means you won't be available when Mr right knocks on the door".

That's my piece of mind for this evening!

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and teamwork!

~Crystal

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that you have to comfortable and love yourself before you can love anyone else. If you are with Mr Wrong it can be awfully hard to transition to being alone so you are available when Mr Right comes along.

    ReplyDelete