Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Medicine for My Soul

Today was one of those days where I had my mind set on what I was going to do. The first thing that needed to be done was a thorough spring cleaning of the entire house. I'm an all or nothing gal, so it wasn't a two hour task, it was a seven hour adventure. Had you drive by before 2pm today you would have seen one hideous looking woman with a mop, a pony tail, and a pair of sweat pants - - - she looked awful and smelled even worse. That's why the doors were locked - no one needs to see that!

I even turned down a few offers for coffee - now that's a serious 'bad hair day' sort of day!

Then I got the text I needed - it was a dear friend who just wanted to know if she could stop in to chat. She also offered to bring coffee (which may indicate that I have a problem - but I digress) - I asked her to give me twenty minutes so I could toss on make up (by this time I had already showered and gotten into some presentable clothing). She obliged me and we spent four hours laughing, chatting, and catching up. It's amazing how the voice of a dear friend, the embrace of a loved one, and/or kind words can have a medicinal effect on one's attitude - - it really is medicine for the soul.

My take away from today is this:

No matter who it is, or how long it has been, make it a point to reach out to someone and invite them for a chat. It will do you both a world of good and can make all the difference in the world if they are hurting.

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and dear friends!

~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment