Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Special Treat for Our Special Day

Oh yes...I believe we have thought of everything to make our wedding day a success. We even thought our guests might enjoy a special treat toward the end of the evening. Of course, the Lighthouse Inn was happy to oblige (http://www.lhinn.com/) and  here's the scoop:

We decided we wanted to serve either a hearty appetizer or pizzas between 9-10pm the night of our reception. Jean from the Lighthouse Inn who had initially helped with booking the event put me in touch with Steve Becker to work out the details. Now, I'm getting ahead of myself, but I must tell you that Steve is fabulous. He is patient and smart, and he's funny too. A few months ago my Aunt said that he and I resemble each other enough that you might think we are siblings...so I guess Steve is a hottie too (he's going to kill me)!

All joking aside. Steve called me a week or so ago and asked if I had ever tasted the Lighthouse Inn pizza. I admit that I eat there at least twice a month but I have never had the pizza. (it's because it's not on the menu) Steve ordered what they needed for the specialty pizza and arranged for me to come in today to try some. This worked out great since I was going there any way. Not only did Steve have this amazing pizza made especially for me, but he had it made just the way Mark likes pizza...hearty and loaded with veggies and meat. The sauce and the crust were amazing and the pizza was fabulous (no canned ingredients at all - - fresh mushrooms, herbs, seasonings, etc...yummmy). The pizza looked as good as it tasted and smelled so Italian that I was looking everywhere for Toto' or Dean Martin (and if you don't know who they are, google famous Italians to find out)!

When I thought things couldn't get any better...Steve comes out with a 12x12 box filled to the brim with pizza for me to take home for Mark to try. I didn't look at the bill, but I don't think they even charged me for this amazing treat! So...as a special treat to ourselves and our loved ones on August 11th - we will be enjoying some specialty pizzas from the Lighthouse Inn. I know we won't be disappointed in any way - especially with Steve and the staff at the Lighthouse Inn tending to every last detail!

Stay tuned for the next post where I explain how my entire lunch at the Lighthouse Inn was FREE today!


May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, amazing food, AND great new friends!


~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment