Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Down N Dirty Day

Today was a down n dirty day for this girl and her family. We had to drop a few things off at the farm (owned by my boyfriend Mark) and once there, we didn't want to leave. I didn't get a lick of work done around the house or in the office, but it was an amazing day. If you want to skip the play by play, go ahead...but scroll down for the moral of the story.
Play By Play:
- arrived at the farm with a fruit smoothie for Mark (who never takes time for breakfast, so we were helping)
- got to watch one of the silos being filled...amazing how all those gadgets work together
- helped sweet the barn
- helped feed baby calves - twins - they are the size of a medium size dog...adorable
- loaded up a bull-calf for the livestock auction and sent Andre off to the auction (his idea)
- ran back to town to get Carmen
- ran home to let the chihuahua out
- dropped cauliflower and broccoli salad off at a friends
- back at the farm...found a baby laying out in the field
- found a very sick mommy at the edge of the pasture near the creek
- called the vet
- ran to pick up a new to us but used tractor
- taught Carmen how to drive a 5-speed (on the drive home)...she's pretty smart about knowing when to shift, and  I was impressed
- watched the vet give the mommy cow and IV (she had milk fever)
- mixed feed
- headed home to do laundry and bathe 3 very stinky people
- mowed the grass before showers
- 3 baths and 2 loads of laundry
- invited Grandma over for supper
- ate supper
- cleaned the kitchen

and here I am...

the moral of the story:
Some people say if you fail to plan, you will fail...today I feel like failing to plan was really the key to a successful day. We experienced so much just because we were open to whatever the day had to offer. I am a firm believe in goals and having a plan, but some days you should just give yourself permission to go with the flow. I heard things I never would have noticed if I had been in a hurry. Standing in the pasture I saw things I would have otherwise overlooked and I made memories with my children that will live longer than I will.

It was a down n dirty day but my soul is smiling = priceless!

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine and sweet surprises!

~Crystal






No comments:

Post a Comment