Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Eloping Sounds Like Heaven!

Eloping sounds like Heaven right now!
It's very important to me to get married in my church and to be surrounded with friends and family - truly it is. On the other hand, I am shocked at how much everything costs. My parents house didn't cost as much as this wedding is going to (granted that was 45 years ago - but still - you see my point). The dress price wasn't bad, but the under garments, accessories, and alterations really add up. Then you have the cost for the meal which increases drastically if you want to offer two types of meet...or even more drastically if you want to offer a sit down meal instead of a buffet. Well, too late to change our mind on the dress (mine at least), but the invitations are going to cost almost as much as my dress and hypothetically I could just call these people instead of spending the money on the printing, mailing, postage, etc...and my time to hand address everything.



I don't know how people do it - I'm overwhelmed and I just keep seeing dollar signs.

How does everyone feel about bringing your own dish to pass and I'll bake cupcakes instead of having a cake? We can get together in my back yard...???

Kidding - truly kidding - we will do it and we will do it right...

Just venting!

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, supportive undergarments, and plenty of calligraphy and cream cheese frosting.

~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment