Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2012

Inspirational Women

Not that there's anything wrong with men - I love men...but...I've owned a coffee table book for over a decade now. The title? "Quotable Women - A Celebration" the pictures are just as amazing as the quotes. One of the quotes took my breath away today and it is a quote by Beverly Sills that I want to share with you:

"I've always tried to go a step past wherever people expected me to end up."


Wow does that speak to me, how about you? The quote was so profound and personal that I was embarrassed to say that I had no idea who Beverly Sills was. Thank heavens for Google Chrome, because in a matter of minutes I had the information at my finger tips. To make your life easier, I'll just tell you (nothing against Google - go ahead and research it on your own if you wish):

Beverly Sills was an American Opera singer who sang Soprano. She was very popular in the 50's and 60's. She was the General Manager of the New York City Opera after she retired and is widely known for her charity work to fight birth defects. Her parents were Jewish immigrants and she was raised in Brooklyn.

You can read her entire story if you wish, I won't regurgitate all over you - Wikipedia has lots of information including a photo - she was very pretty.

Her quote interests me, because it is how so many people live their lives. The motto "if you tell me I can't do something, I'll prove you wrong" is repeated again and again in both personal and professional circles, and it seems that even my toddlers are even privy to this information. This got me to thinking. I fully intend on telling my children they can become President - so when they exceed that, I wonder where they'll end up? The possibilities are beautifully endless - love it!

Keep turning those lemons into lemonade ya'all!

g'night!



1 comment:

  1. Crystal - I hope all is well. I was browsing your archives and had a question about one of your posts. If you get a second, feel free to reach me at virgilnci(@)gmail(dot)com. Best,

    ReplyDelete