Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

A Different Sort of List

We have lists for grocery shopping, bucket lists, to do lists, and probably lists of things that we never intend on doing...maybe not on paper, but you probably have an idea in your mind of about 5-10 things you would never attempt doing. The "I would rather have a tonsilectomy than do that" list...Consider making a different sort of list. Name it something inspirational, and write down at least five things you love to do that don't cost much money and you can do within a 10-20 mile radius of your home or office.

I have a list and I call it 'Ignition'. This list contains the things that ignite a fire within me. They are things I can do on those days that I'm just not feeling it. I keep Ignition in the drawer next to the bed, so on days that I  would be happy just rolling over or cuddling up with a good book - I can look at my list and light a first under my hinder. For me, the list includes:

-Thrift Shopping/Consignment Shopping
-Trip to LaDe Da Books & Beans (http://www.ladedabooks.com/)
-Walk on the Beach at Neshotah Park
-Trip to the Flying Pig (http://www.theflyingpig.biz/)
-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies

you get the point...there should be nothing on this list that costs more than $25 and it should not include anything you don't enjoy doing 110%. It's a great list to pull out on those days when you just aren't feeling motivated. Once you're feeling yourself again, then you can pull out those other lists and go grocery shopping, clean the house, weed the garden, etc... but if you just aren't feeling like your heart is in it, don't do it. It's important to know yourself well enough to say, I need to take time for myself - I need to regroup, refocus, and be the authentically happy person I know I can be. You do no one any good if you are just going through the motions of life but not truly enjoying the experience. Get engaged - Get ignited - and Get happy!

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, and sunshine!

~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment