Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

What I Learned in Dixie

I've never been to Dixie, but I have learned a thing or two from the Dixie Chicks. This afternoon I was listening to Pandora and "I'm not Ready to Make Nice" came on (by the Dixie Chicks). This is in no way a plug for them or for Pandora...just setting the mood. I'm in my office, working on the Relax Consulting business plan, feeling a little dejected by some recent feedback, not particularly cheery and on comes the song. The part that caught my attention includes the following lyrics: I made my bed and I sleep like a baby With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’...

I'm a firm believe in take what works for you and leave the rest. So for today, let's just focus on making our own beds, sleeping like babies, and not having any regrets. Sounds like a great plan, right? But how do you do it? In my mind, making our beds is deciding what we want and developing a path to get it (a path laden with goals). Then, in order to sleep like a baby, we have to work hard. And in order to have no regrets, we need to make sure that our actions are in alignment with our values.

It's not quite as lyrical to say: I know what I want and I've got goals, I work hard and live my values...but that's my mantra...is it yours?

Find out more about setting goals, achieving them, fulfilling your dreams, and how Relax Consulting can help you along that path: http://www.relaxconsulting.com/

May your paths be filled with lemons, sugar, and sunshine!

~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment