Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sticky Wicky Lemons

I wrote an article a while back and the introduction included a comment about children being 'sticky'. I'm a neat freak and sticky things are a big turn off to me. Before I had children of my own, I would cringe at the thought of a child eating a pancake...because syrup is sticky and children are sticky and combining them seemed like an unthinkable challenge. I don't like sticky coffee rings on my desk, so come in for a chat but please don't be offended when I hand you a coaster. I don't like sticky lip-gloss because on a windy day, my hair gets stuck to my lips. The list goes on and of course must include my dislike for the sticky residue left on the counter if you make lemonade using the powder mix...

Where's this going? I think it's important to realize your own limitations. In a moment of weakness last evening, I did NOT recognize my limitations. I forgot that the goal of working for myself was to do the things I am good at. A very nice young lady was so excited about QuickBooks that she convinced me that I had to own it and embrace it. In hindsight, it's a lot like sticky lipgloss...it sounds like a great idea and looks great, but it's just not ME. Here I am this morning trying to figure out what this is and what am I going to do with it. Thus the Sticky Wicky Lemony feeling.

The sunny side of my Sticky Wicky? I'm not opening the business until September. I can now decide if I am going to take classes to learn about getting sticky with QuickBooks, or if I am going to leave that to other professionals. I guess that makes this a Sticky Wicky Quicky Day...locked in my office with a cup of coffee trying to figure this out.

Let's see if this lemon turns into lemonade...

No comments:

Post a Comment