Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let Me Buy YOU an E-book! Love, Chocolate, and Beer by Author Violet Duke

I am proud to introduce you to a friend of mine. Her name is Violet Duke (at least that's her pen name) and I had the fabulous fortune of interviewing her recently (you can find the interview here: http://muffin.wow-womenonwriting.com/2013/12/interview-with-violet-duke-new-york.html)

Today she released her newest book: Love, Chocolate, and Beer 




I just downloaded my ebook copy and I want to buy one for YOU! Leave your comments below telling me one (or all for extra credit) of the following:

1) What do you love about my blog? How did you hear about me?

2) What is your favorite type of book to read? and why?

3) What is your favorite book by Violet Duke?

Good luck in the giveaway and hugs from me to you! A winner will be chosen randomly on February 14th (yes, Valentine's Day) and will be announced in the comments of this post as well as on my business FB page: https://www.facebook.com/successwithrelax

~Crystal

Synopsis
Romance has met its most unlikely match-up…

Luke Bradford is a chocolatier on a mission.  After moving his chocolate shop, and newly single life, to the quirky town of Cactus Creek, Luke wants nothing more than to devote all his energy into making his business a success—by taking the romance market by storm.  But his grand plans get thrown for a loop when he locks horns with the feisty beer-brewing beauty next door who calls his ‘romantic idealism’ a load of fairytale bull.  Soon, driving the woman sparking nuts becomes another wickedly fun priority he simply can’t get enough of.  
In his defense, she’s addictively easy to incite…and plain impossible to resist.
Beloved local brewmaster Dani Dobson is beyond riled up.  It’s bad enough the new shop owner in town comes locked and loaded with both a distractingly rugged charm and sexy flashing dimples, but the whole only-in-the-movies variety of romance he’s selling—the kind her world has been crushed by before—is really doing a number on her allergy to unrealistic clichés.  What’s worse, he’s created an annoyingly clever ad campaign that dubs ‘beer joints’ like hers as the “cave where romance goes to hibernate.”  The nerve of that man.

Combustible chemistry or not, damn it, this means war.  The stakes…very likely, her heart.

6 comments:

  1. I loved the review you did about Violet's book and I love your background. It is beautiful. I found out about your blog page via Bette's BFF Club on Facebook and very happy to be your friend on there. I have "Resisting the Bad Boy" by Violet and loved it. The new books sounds really good too. As for a favorite type of book that would be hard, I love just about every genre there is. Well not a lot into outer space or zombies but do like horror, romance, historical and would be here all night naming them all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bette...What I love about your blog is reading about all the awesome things going on with you and your writing. I also love learning about new authors and books to read as well. I found you through Goodreads when I was pretty new there when you sent me a message about friending me and also about a group that I could join that talked about the books that I enjoy reading. I enjoy many different genres thanks to Goodreads, Librarything and Facebook for bringing great books to my attention that I never would have thought to read before. The only books that I don't read are erotica, sci fi, distopian/utopian, and political thrillers. I love all types of romance, but I especially enjoy books that I can connect with - books filled with emotion, hope, and love. I also enjoy thrillers though as well....books like the ones by Gillian Flynn. In addition, I read a couple of the NY times bestsellers, some Christian fiction ( I also LOVE Amish fiction..), Women's fiction, contemporary, mystery, and thrillers too. My favorites are ones that end with a HEA. I like books that lift my spirits, ones that make me laugh and cry. I like books where the characters are so real they could be people that I know. I love books that take me to a "happy place" - a place that is all mine where I can go to escape a hectic day, or where I can just relax and dream for awhile. That is basically my whole reason for reading...it is one of my greatest joys. And to answer your last question, I unfortunately have never read anything by Violet Duke before, but I would LOVE to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a great read...I am new to your blog but I will enjoy poking around here for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) What do you love about my blog? How did you hear about me?
    - the soothing background and the awesome updates and information on books and various authors.

    2) What is your favorite type of book to read? and why?
    -contemporary romances...they are relatable and restores my faith in love and my belief that it could happen to anyone ;)

    3) What is your favorite book by Violet Duke?
    Choosing the Right Man of her Nice Girl Series

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is your favorite type of book to read? and why?
    I like to read dystopian, young adult, and historical fiction. I think the reason YA appeals to me is that today's YA books are the kind I wished for when I was a teen.
    Dede

    ReplyDelete