You know who you are and this blog is for you!
I was chatting with a friend over lunch today (sushi if you must know…I had a craving). This particular friend is also a small business owner and she is helping one of her clients with a PowerPoint presentation. I mentioned that a Prezi might be a better option in some situations…not all…my dear friend had never heard of a Prezi and I thought some of my readers may be in the same boat. So for her and for all of you, here’s what I have to say about the difference between a PowerPoint and a Prezi.
· *Prezi is web-based, so even if you don’t have the latest and greatest version of Microsoft products, you can still access Prezi
· *A Prezi can be helpful if you are presenting at a location where you have WIFI but do not have your own computer (no compatibility problems between how you wrote the powerpoint and the type of software on the presentation machine)
· * A Prezi can be saved to be available offline or on a portable storage device
· * Both Prezi and Powerpoint are IPAD friendly
· *PowerPoint has more transition effects and options
· *PowerPoint has presenter notes and Prezi does not
· *Prezi can sometimes move a little fast…I get the ‘riding in a bus’ feeling going on
· *You can insert a PDF into a Prezi but cannot in a Powerpoint
To play around with Prezi, create an account on their website: http://prezi.com/ (you can even sign up with Facebook if you’d like) – even before you sign up, you can view Prezi’s that are sthetically pleasing (bottom of the first page of the site), this will give you an idea of what you can accomplish with this type of technology.
The best news is, you can start with a free account. Discussion forums and help on Twitter are also readily available.
May your paths be filled with an abundance of lemons, sugar, and sunshine!