Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

We are preparing for Mother's Day - making sure the menu is complete, making cards, planning the cleaning frenzy, and arranging our schedule for Sunday. Even though I am a mother, I don't feel this day is about me. My children may tell a different tale, but as long as my mother, mother in law, and other strong women in my life are roaming this earth with me, this is a day to celebrate them. That's how I see it at least. I had to explain that to my husband because he couldn't understand why I would want to host mother's day at our house. His thought was "why do you want to do all that work on a day meant to celebrate you?" so I had to explain it to him. Needless to say, I have been blessed through the years with many strong female role-models and since some of them are still with us, it is my turn to thank them for being amazing!

This is a great time to put a name and a face with each life lesson. I'll share a few of my own blessings and then provide you with a blank list and you can 'fill in the blank' for the women in your life.

Joan Stutzman taught me the value of eating well (and spending $ at the grocery store instead of the Dr. office)

Patricia Casavant taught me to take a deep breath and stay calm in even the most trying situations

Arlene Prust, Lu Meilke, Joanie Matz, and Lynn Hanson taught me to love music (and to play it with my heart and not just my fingers and voice)

Tracy Froelich and Jan LeClair taught me to enjoy little children and babies

etc...

As I think of each of these women and the lessons we learned together, it brings me great joy. I am not just me and I am not in this alone. I am strong because these women have given me a bit of themselves and I carry it with me - ready to pass it on at any time. Thank you to all of you mothers out there, and all of you non-mothers who have done more mothering than most. You know who you are and you have made the world a better place because of your love!

________________________________ taught me about eating well and taking care of myself

________________________________ taught me about loving and friendship

________________________________ taught me about patience and kindness

________________________________ taught me about laughter and fun

Hopefully you'll fill in your own stories to go with each of these and maybe you'll even write it down for your children to enjoy.

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and more amazing people than you can count!
~Crystal

1 comment:

  1. I like the valuable information you provide for your articles.

    I will bookmark your weblog and check once more here regularly.
    I am quite certain I'll be informed many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the following!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage: http://www.drolet.ca/masters/michaelkorsoutlet.html

    ReplyDelete