Skip to main content

You Decide!

 


As most of you know - we have a big family. Every big family starts small and back when we were just a family of 3, I went with some friends to pick up their new dog. I had never been to a puppy breeder, but I guess thinking back, this was probably a puppy mill. There were puppies everywhere and it smelled funky. The elderly gentleman seemed to know who belonged to what and had papers to go with mot of the pups. While my friends finalized their deal, my 2 year old daughter managed to find the runt of the litter. I think that's an incredibly difficult thing to do when you're talking teacup chihuahuas as they are all very small. Regardless, the elderly man stopped to chat and of course offered me a phenomenal discount on the pup since he didn't have papers and she was so very small. 

I said I would consider it. I remember him clearly turning to me and saying I should think long and hard about adopting (or is it considered buying if you're at a puppy mill?) a chihuahua since My daughter was only 2 and they aren't known for being good with children.

I've gotten better at telling my children no. That may not be an accurate statement.

This dog makes me absolutely pull my hair out on a daily basis. I wish I had litter trained her (think teeny tiny dog even tinier bladder). She whines loudly for table food as if her bowl wasn't full of delectable doggy food. She can no longer see, hear, or smell the way she should be able to, and as soon as you let her outside she wants inside and once inside she'll ask to go out every half hour. 


But...


Let me tell you. That breeder couldn't have been more wrong. this 4 pound puppy has never nipped or bitten a child. She lets children pet her, carry her around, dress her up like a doll, and she was irreplaceable when we had children in highchairs. She's more effective than any shop vac you can buy at Menards! 6 kids have loved and adored this little pup. I have no idea how long she'll be with us, but I'm sure glad she's here!!

So...


The moral of the story is that I'm glad I decided for myself that getting a chihuahua would be a good idea. Doesn't matter if it's a new house, different job, bigger car, how many kids to have, who to marry, or what the choices are - you can't go wrong by deciding for yourself. I believe in you!


Hugs,

~Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Speak Your Mind, But Not On My Time?

Today's post title is inspired by the fabulous song that is likely going through your head right now "I still belong, don't get me wrong, you can speak your mind but not on my time...you can live your life, but this is my life..."etc... The topic however is inspired by a dear friend who recently said to me "why is it so hard for people to be real and have a conversation about things they disagree with?" I've been thinking about that queestion and the conversation that it inspired - what she was really talking about is feedback. Why is it so difficult to tell someone that you'd like them to do something differently? We beat around the bush, and sometimes never say what's on our mind. Isn't this really the rooot cause of relationship problems? The cause of dating mis-haps, family arguements, and the underlying issue that often results in anger and fighting? Before you answer, let me toss out some scenarios: 1) You're dating someone ...

Natural Remedies for Depression ?

Have you had those moments when you weren't feeling quite like yourself? Those negative thoughts were creeping in? clouding your judgment? making every day chores seem like amazing feats of heroism? If you've never felt like that - good for you! I on the other hand struggle with life's ups and downs. From depression during my divorce to post-partum depression, etc... I tend to be a very happy and optimistic person, but the flip side of that coin brings those days when staying in bed is more alluring than hopping in the shower and going through the motions of the day. There are some fabulous medications on the market today, and seeking the help of a healthcare professional is always a great idea. Sometimes I'm not feeling depressed, but I fear I'm headed there. I don't particularly care for some of the side effects of medications I have been on in the past, and a natural remedy can sometimes give me just the kick in the pants that I need to 'get happy...

May 7th WOW! Blog Tour - "The Pinochet Plot" by David Myles Robinson

David Myles Robinson's WOW! WOMEN ON WRITING TOUR OF The Pinochet Plot Tour Begins May 7th ! I'd like to schedule a fair amount of reviews to help lay the groundwork for a successful book launch and book tour. Can I count on your participation? Please email crystal@wow-womenonwriting.com or crystaljotto@gmail.com and let me know the following: 1) what date works best for you (dates between 5/7-6/7)? 2) what email address can I send your e-copy to? 3) what is the URL for the blog you'll be posting your review on? Here's some additional information to help you make your decision about participation. ABOUT THE BOOK: The brutal CIA-backed Chilean dictator, Augusto Pinochet, was known to have political opponents assassinated, but when a young Will Muñoz found his father murdered in the study of their Santa Fe home, he had no idea it might have been the work of a Pinochet assassin. Thirty years later, when reading his mother’s sui...