Skip to main content

Always Changing - Always Improving

 Hey ya'all!



I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I remember in 4th grade someone made a comment about looking as big as my friend's pregnant mother. Let me tell you I never wore those stretchy stirrup pants again. My weight wasn't the problem. My mindset was the problem. I tried limiting what I was eating. I tried exercising. If it's out there, I've tried it. I even thought about bariatric surgery when I saw people having success with that. You know what though? Nothing worked for me long term because I wasn't changing the problem - I was only trying to change the outcome.


Just like the rest of you - I really want to be the best version of myself. That's a moving target since life is always changing and evolving. I can't tell you what next year is going to look like, but I CAN tell you that in 2023 I committed to get healthy. I didn't commit to a diet. I committed to myself that I would get my spiritual walk in check, my head in check, my emotions in check, my exercise in check, my diet in check, and my attitude. I didn't like the aching joints, the bloated belly, the negative thoughts, the frustration...and the list goes on. 



Ya’all know how much I love sharing things I love. It’s time to talk about how I felt a year ago when I was too heavy to do the things I wanted. I wanted to ride horses on the beach in SC but the weight limit was 235 and I was tipping the scales at over 250. I was frustrated and felt trapped inside my own body.

I had been following my pastor’s health journey, and decided it was time to start prioritizing me. I have lost over 60lbs since the start of 2023. I can proudly say, I now weigh less than 200lbs and though I’m not to my goal yet, I have more energy and I feel unstoppable! I KNOW I can reach my final goal.

Being able to bungee jump with my kiddos last weekend was definitely one of those moments I’ll never forget! I’m so thankful I took control of my health- and I realized that I need to pay this forward. I’m a helper by nature-I want to help EVERYONE feel this good, and I’m now coaching others on the same program. Its so simple—no meal prepping, no thinking-and you get so much accountability and support! If you’re ready me on this journey, reach out-let’s do this together!

By January 1 2024 I plan to be in transition 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Speak Your Mind, But Not On My Time?

Today's post title is inspired by the fabulous song that is likely going through your head right now "I still belong, don't get me wrong, you can speak your mind but not on my time...you can live your life, but this is my life..."etc... The topic however is inspired by a dear friend who recently said to me "why is it so hard for people to be real and have a conversation about things they disagree with?" I've been thinking about that queestion and the conversation that it inspired - what she was really talking about is feedback. Why is it so difficult to tell someone that you'd like them to do something differently? We beat around the bush, and sometimes never say what's on our mind. Isn't this really the rooot cause of relationship problems? The cause of dating mis-haps, family arguements, and the underlying issue that often results in anger and fighting? Before you answer, let me toss out some scenarios: 1) You're dating someone ...

Natural Remedies for Depression ?

Have you had those moments when you weren't feeling quite like yourself? Those negative thoughts were creeping in? clouding your judgment? making every day chores seem like amazing feats of heroism? If you've never felt like that - good for you! I on the other hand struggle with life's ups and downs. From depression during my divorce to post-partum depression, etc... I tend to be a very happy and optimistic person, but the flip side of that coin brings those days when staying in bed is more alluring than hopping in the shower and going through the motions of the day. There are some fabulous medications on the market today, and seeking the help of a healthcare professional is always a great idea. Sometimes I'm not feeling depressed, but I fear I'm headed there. I don't particularly care for some of the side effects of medications I have been on in the past, and a natural remedy can sometimes give me just the kick in the pants that I need to 'get happy...

May 7th WOW! Blog Tour - "The Pinochet Plot" by David Myles Robinson

David Myles Robinson's WOW! WOMEN ON WRITING TOUR OF The Pinochet Plot Tour Begins May 7th ! I'd like to schedule a fair amount of reviews to help lay the groundwork for a successful book launch and book tour. Can I count on your participation? Please email crystal@wow-womenonwriting.com or crystaljotto@gmail.com and let me know the following: 1) what date works best for you (dates between 5/7-6/7)? 2) what email address can I send your e-copy to? 3) what is the URL for the blog you'll be posting your review on? Here's some additional information to help you make your decision about participation. ABOUT THE BOOK: The brutal CIA-backed Chilean dictator, Augusto Pinochet, was known to have political opponents assassinated, but when a young Will Muñoz found his father murdered in the study of their Santa Fe home, he had no idea it might have been the work of a Pinochet assassin. Thirty years later, when reading his mother’s sui...