Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2012

If it's not yellow - paint it!

I heard this somewhere about produce (such as lemons)...if the fruit isn't the right color, they use a wax to sort of paint it the desired color. I can't speak for others, but I can tell you that losing my job has provided me with days when I just don't feel it - I'm blue when I want to be yellow. What does a normal person do when they want to feel more chipper, energized, and happy? I'm not sure...because I'm not normal. What I did was west to Menards and bought 11 gallons of paint, 2 doors, and a bunch of odds and ends cleaning products. My resume looks good, I've lost 6 pounds, and now my house will hopefully look like something from Better Homes and Gardens...or...I'll be asking for the name of a good (ie: professional) painter in a few weeks to fix the job I botched.

As for starting my own business...still looking into that, but that particular book is under the paint swatches and decorating ideas.

If the house looks good, I'll post some pictures...if you never see any pictures, you'll know I failed. But there's no harm in trying something new.

Happy Sunday all - and if you're not feeling 'yellow', consider a bright nail polish color, bright colored sweater, or something fun to brighten your mood. A walk in the sunshine is never a bad idea either! If you DO feel like painting, here are the colors I just couldn't resist:

Rich Confection (pinky pink)...Carmen's Bedroom
Spiced Vinegar (tan)...Great Room/Living Room
Gold Buttercup (yelloweeee)...Kitchen
Red Gumball (no explanation needed)...Bathroom on Main Floor
Earth Matters (brown)...back entry way lower
Rustic Pottery (orange)...back entry way upper and side entry
Carob Chip (brownish purple)...master bedroom
Great Grape (bluish purple)...Office/Music Room
Delicate White (no explanation needed)...Bathroom Ceiling and trim

No comments:

Post a Comment