Skip to main content

Work A Holic No More

You don't necessarily have to work more to have more - my definition of success has been completely changed. Previously I would have told you that the summer heat didn't bother me (because I was inside from sun up to well after sun down), I also would have told you that someday the hours would be worth it because I would have a comfy retirement or a larger home, etc...

I was putting things off until retirement. I pictured retirement like this:

*9am coffee at a quaint little shoppe
*10am walk on the beach to clear my thoughts
*11am do some reading and writing, play the piano to let my creative juices flow
*noon lunch (outside whenever possible)
*1pm nap
*2pm coffee and a snack
*3pm time for family and friends - cocktail in the yard
*6pm dinner
*8pm glass of wine
*9pm off to bed

I wonder why I thought I had to wait until I was in my 60's to enjoy my life? I thought being a stay at home parent would be torture but yet there's nothing in my retirement plan so scandalous that it could not be integrated with parenting. And if I can get paid to write, my career could also fit in nicely with retirement. whoah...I think I'm onto something.

Thanks to Tim Ferriss for helping me see that I don't have to put off until tomorrow what I could be enjoying today. For the first time in my adult life, i have time to laugh and play in the sunshine. I have a tan...kid you not!

For more tips on how you can take charge of your life, read Tim's book and for more information on the book itself, you can read my complete review here: http://ezinearticles.com/?Im-Taking-Back-My-Life,-Four-Hours-At-a-Time!-Thanks-Tim-Ferriss&id=7064631

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Speak Your Mind, But Not On My Time?

Today's post title is inspired by the fabulous song that is likely going through your head right now "I still belong, don't get me wrong, you can speak your mind but not on my time...you can live your life, but this is my life..."etc... The topic however is inspired by a dear friend who recently said to me "why is it so hard for people to be real and have a conversation about things they disagree with?" I've been thinking about that queestion and the conversation that it inspired - what she was really talking about is feedback. Why is it so difficult to tell someone that you'd like them to do something differently? We beat around the bush, and sometimes never say what's on our mind. Isn't this really the rooot cause of relationship problems? The cause of dating mis-haps, family arguements, and the underlying issue that often results in anger and fighting? Before you answer, let me toss out some scenarios: 1) You're dating someone ...

Natural Remedies for Depression ?

Have you had those moments when you weren't feeling quite like yourself? Those negative thoughts were creeping in? clouding your judgment? making every day chores seem like amazing feats of heroism? If you've never felt like that - good for you! I on the other hand struggle with life's ups and downs. From depression during my divorce to post-partum depression, etc... I tend to be a very happy and optimistic person, but the flip side of that coin brings those days when staying in bed is more alluring than hopping in the shower and going through the motions of the day. There are some fabulous medications on the market today, and seeking the help of a healthcare professional is always a great idea. Sometimes I'm not feeling depressed, but I fear I'm headed there. I don't particularly care for some of the side effects of medications I have been on in the past, and a natural remedy can sometimes give me just the kick in the pants that I need to 'get happy...

May 7th WOW! Blog Tour - "The Pinochet Plot" by David Myles Robinson

David Myles Robinson's WOW! WOMEN ON WRITING TOUR OF The Pinochet Plot Tour Begins May 7th ! I'd like to schedule a fair amount of reviews to help lay the groundwork for a successful book launch and book tour. Can I count on your participation? Please email crystal@wow-womenonwriting.com or crystaljotto@gmail.com and let me know the following: 1) what date works best for you (dates between 5/7-6/7)? 2) what email address can I send your e-copy to? 3) what is the URL for the blog you'll be posting your review on? Here's some additional information to help you make your decision about participation. ABOUT THE BOOK: The brutal CIA-backed Chilean dictator, Augusto Pinochet, was known to have political opponents assassinated, but when a young Will Muñoz found his father murdered in the study of their Santa Fe home, he had no idea it might have been the work of a Pinochet assassin. Thirty years later, when reading his mother’s sui...