Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Work A Holic No More

You don't necessarily have to work more to have more - my definition of success has been completely changed. Previously I would have told you that the summer heat didn't bother me (because I was inside from sun up to well after sun down), I also would have told you that someday the hours would be worth it because I would have a comfy retirement or a larger home, etc...

I was putting things off until retirement. I pictured retirement like this:

*9am coffee at a quaint little shoppe
*10am walk on the beach to clear my thoughts
*11am do some reading and writing, play the piano to let my creative juices flow
*noon lunch (outside whenever possible)
*1pm nap
*2pm coffee and a snack
*3pm time for family and friends - cocktail in the yard
*6pm dinner
*8pm glass of wine
*9pm off to bed

I wonder why I thought I had to wait until I was in my 60's to enjoy my life? I thought being a stay at home parent would be torture but yet there's nothing in my retirement plan so scandalous that it could not be integrated with parenting. And if I can get paid to write, my career could also fit in nicely with retirement. whoah...I think I'm onto something.

Thanks to Tim Ferriss for helping me see that I don't have to put off until tomorrow what I could be enjoying today. For the first time in my adult life, i have time to laugh and play in the sunshine. I have a tan...kid you not!

For more tips on how you can take charge of your life, read Tim's book and for more information on the book itself, you can read my complete review here: http://ezinearticles.com/?Im-Taking-Back-My-Life,-Four-Hours-At-a-Time!-Thanks-Tim-Ferriss&id=7064631

No comments:

Post a Comment