Skip to main content

Image

The truth is - you can drink fine wine out of either of the vessels shown above. Similarly, you can sail around the world in a personal sailboat or on a cruise ship. Each option has it's own pros and cons and there is a time and a place for the plastic cup and a time and place for the wine glass, etc...

In the world of business, we think about the image of our product, ourselves, our clients, etc...or at least we should. We should strive to provide the best possible product, look our best, align ourselves with successful people, etc...This seems like a no brainer in the business world, but I challenge you to look more closely at your personal image. This is something my father said to me when I was very young: "Punkin, you should always put your best foot forward because you never know who you'll run into and where".

This was very true last evening. There happened to be a very successful gentleman and his lovely wife sitting at a table close to where I was sitting at a local restaurant. The man owns a business (out of state) and he is very successful, smart, witty, and charming. Unfortunately, last night he wasn't the least bit concerned about his image. He had had a few too many glasses of wine and was rude to his wife, impatient with the waitress, kept complaining about the food and service even though they were both fabulous. He even went so far as to be loud, rude, and obnoxious. 

Try as I might, I would never categorize him as polished and he is not someone I would choose to align myself with. Image isn't simply about what we look like or the clothes we buy. Notice I said nothing about the mans clothing - the way you treat others, the words you say, and your body language have a lot to do with the image you create. Choose your personal image as carefully as you choose your professional image and you'll be impressed with the results!

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, and plenty of sunshine ~it's your day, make it everything it should be!

~Crystal

PS - I've been known to drink fine wine from a plastic cup...and guess what? it tastes just as good, but let's save those plastic cups for campfires and boat trips!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Speak Your Mind, But Not On My Time?

Today's post title is inspired by the fabulous song that is likely going through your head right now "I still belong, don't get me wrong, you can speak your mind but not on my time...you can live your life, but this is my life..."etc... The topic however is inspired by a dear friend who recently said to me "why is it so hard for people to be real and have a conversation about things they disagree with?" I've been thinking about that queestion and the conversation that it inspired - what she was really talking about is feedback. Why is it so difficult to tell someone that you'd like them to do something differently? We beat around the bush, and sometimes never say what's on our mind. Isn't this really the rooot cause of relationship problems? The cause of dating mis-haps, family arguements, and the underlying issue that often results in anger and fighting? Before you answer, let me toss out some scenarios: 1) You're dating someone ...

Natural Remedies for Depression ?

Have you had those moments when you weren't feeling quite like yourself? Those negative thoughts were creeping in? clouding your judgment? making every day chores seem like amazing feats of heroism? If you've never felt like that - good for you! I on the other hand struggle with life's ups and downs. From depression during my divorce to post-partum depression, etc... I tend to be a very happy and optimistic person, but the flip side of that coin brings those days when staying in bed is more alluring than hopping in the shower and going through the motions of the day. There are some fabulous medications on the market today, and seeking the help of a healthcare professional is always a great idea. Sometimes I'm not feeling depressed, but I fear I'm headed there. I don't particularly care for some of the side effects of medications I have been on in the past, and a natural remedy can sometimes give me just the kick in the pants that I need to 'get happy...

May 7th WOW! Blog Tour - "The Pinochet Plot" by David Myles Robinson

David Myles Robinson's WOW! WOMEN ON WRITING TOUR OF The Pinochet Plot Tour Begins May 7th ! I'd like to schedule a fair amount of reviews to help lay the groundwork for a successful book launch and book tour. Can I count on your participation? Please email crystal@wow-womenonwriting.com or crystaljotto@gmail.com and let me know the following: 1) what date works best for you (dates between 5/7-6/7)? 2) what email address can I send your e-copy to? 3) what is the URL for the blog you'll be posting your review on? Here's some additional information to help you make your decision about participation. ABOUT THE BOOK: The brutal CIA-backed Chilean dictator, Augusto Pinochet, was known to have political opponents assassinated, but when a young Will Muñoz found his father murdered in the study of their Santa Fe home, he had no idea it might have been the work of a Pinochet assassin. Thirty years later, when reading his mother’s sui...