Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's in Your Rear View Mirror?

What's in Your Rear View Mirror?
To your left, you'll see exactly what was in my rear view mirror today. It's a load of winter rye fresh off the field and on it's way into the silo. It's nourishment for the cattle at my fiance's farm and I spent the day hauling large (and heavy) wagons from the field, across the highway, and back to the farm. It was an incredibly rewarding day. I was able to experience life through the birth of a new calf, watch the amazing process of hoof trimming, and most important - I had an opportunity to reflect.

My rear view mirror was important in the literal sense today as I was carefully backing up to the load in the trailer but in the metaphorical sense, it is important to know where we have been in order to know where we are going. If we shut out what is behind us, we will make the same mistakes we made in the past. As I was driving, I was certainly looking forward, but I was constantly aware of what was going on behind me. And that...is the gift I was given today. Thank you to everyone for your patience as I was driving the truck and wagons, and thank you to everyone for your patience with me as I experience life's journey.


May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and a rear view mirror!
~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment