Blogging Mama

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Believe in Yourself

Believe In Yourself - there are enough people out there ready to knock you down or kick your a__, why do it for them? 

Now don't go thinking that based on this title I am back to driving the bus...I definitely believe that God is the bus driver. Now that I've offended some, onto today's point which I'll get to via a story.

I previously worked in a large office that had an IT department with several incredibly helpful people who would replace, repair, reboot, computers and could fix network problems, understood firewalls, etc... I was a bit more techy than some, but less than most, and when I got home at the end of the day I had trouble installing anything (including virus protection) on my home PC and went for years without a printer at home because I thought it was too confusing to get it networked correctly.

Last week I paid $6.75 to have 9 pages scanned to a PDF and put on a memory stick. That was it for me, I knew it was time to upgrade my printer. I had a decent HP printer that I had set up myself and that suited my needs before I started Relaxing Consulting...but a business needs a scanner/fax all in one type printer and mine wasn't cutting it. I found a great deal at Office Max and my new printer arrived today.

I admit it, after the delivery man left, I let the printer sit on my desk. I was half hoping that someone would just come over and install it for me, or that it might have come with elves that would have it installed if I just stayed out of the house long enough to let them work in peace. I came home tonight and the printer was still in the box - imagine that, right? I sheepishly pulled out the instruction manual and it wasn't too thick so I gave it a shot. Less than 1/2 hour later, the printer is printing, and all of my devices are networked to it (wirelessly might I add). I can print from my Ipad, Iphone, etc...as well as from my laptop and PC and I'm told I can even print when I'm not here (which I'll have to try tomorrow, since I have two sleeping beauties upstairs).

I'm pretty proud of myself and as one of my dear friends pointed out when she said "you are way smarter than you give yourself credit for! just sayin..." I should believe in myself more. I tell other people how smart and beautiful they are, but sometimes I'm still filled with doubt about myself. It's these moments, these little accomplishments, that remind me that I too can do anything I set my mind to.

May your paths be abundantly filled with lemons, sugar, sunshine, and self-love!


~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment